On all campaigns with Social Fabric, you must abide by the FTC guidelines as well as the social media platform’s guidelines. For Reels and Stories, most influencers use the music feature. It is a great way to add that extra element of emotion and power to the video. We encourage you to use sounds or music, however, if you are using any sound that is not your own, it must follow the guidelines of the platform.
Facebook Guidelines, which include Facebook Owned Properties such as Instagram, have strict rules regarding copyright and what is or is not allowed for business purposes. This includes creators, business owners, and paid promotions. It is easy to accidentally violate a copyright or find yourself in the midst of copyright infringement issues that can cause your content to be blocked, muted, or even taken down. For this reason, Social Fabric requires that any paid content have both the paid partnership label and use only royalty-free music. This protects you and your content from getting flagged or worse.
Use of music for commercial or non-personal purposes, in particular, is prohibited unless you have obtained appropriate licenses.Per Updates and Guidelines for Including Music in Video
Sound Collection provides access to over 9,000 songs and sounds that are entirely royalty-free and safe to use in Reels and Instagram Stories, including for commercial purposes (such as an ad).
How To Find And Use The Sound Collection
- In order to find music in the sound collection, you can visit the Creator Studio Music Collection.
- You will need to log in to your account. Read this post for tips on connecting your Instagram to Facebook.
- Or you can find the library in the Creator Studio under Creative Tools: Sound Collection. NOTE: if you are on your mobile device: They do not have this tool in the Creator Studio App, so make sure you are searching through “desktop view”. It is a challenge to search on your phone, but it works.
- You can search based on your mood, theme, etc. You can preview and listen to hundreds of options. Once you find a song that you would like to use, make a note of the name and artist. Then go to your Instagram App.
- Next, open your Instagram App. And upload and/or create your reel.
- Now you will add your music. You can find this music library by swiping up and selecting the music sticker in Stories, or by tapping the audio icon in the Reels camera.
- You can type in the name of the song and artist that you discovered in the sound collection. Once it pops up you can select it.
A Double Check
If you have a song that you found on Instagram and you would like to confirm that it is indeed royalty-free and safe to use in Reels and Instagram Stories, including for commercial purposes (such as an ad), you can do a double check using the sound collection. Make a note of the song title and artist and do a search of it the Creator Studio Music Collection.
If you have a subscription to another music service you will need to provide proof that your music is royalty-free when submitting your outline.
Disclaimer: This is not intended to be legal advice. This is to serve as a guide to finding important information as you work on Social Fabric Camapigns. Please do your research as well. This is current information as of September 12, 2022.
- October Content Calendar - September 21, 2022
- Music Requirements For Sponsored Instagram Content - September 12, 2022
- September Monthly Content Calendar - August 25, 2022